Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes with Spicy Yogurt Cilantro Dressing


So, remember the other day when I made those delicious Yogurt Mustard Mashed Potatoes? (Have you tried to make them yet?) Well, it seems that I made a few too many, and we had some leftovers. With Ed around, leftovers are rare, but, alas, here we are. I didn't just want to heat them and eat them. I wanted to turn them into something different and create an entirely new dish. Enter Mashed Potato Pancakes. This recipe is so easy and gives new life to a leftover meal. To give it a little more piquancy, I served it with a spicy yogurt cilantro dressing.

Leftover Mashed Potatoes Ingredients
Leftover Mashed Potatoes (However much you have! Preferably at least 2 cups)
1 egg
Flour
Oil



Leftover Mashed Potatoes Directions
Beat one egg into 2 cups of leftover mashed potatoes. Form into patties and flour both sides. Then drop patty into hot oil and cook for a few minutes on each side and voila!





Yogurt Cilantro Dressing Ingredients
1/2 cup of plain yogurt
1/2 cup of cilantro
dash of chili powder
salt and pepper


Yogurt Cilantro Dressing Directions
Mix all ingredients together and serve with mashed potato pancakes.

Ed's Verdict: He said, "Wow! this is a lot better than i expected. I was only going to have one, but I will have another. The yogurt cilantro dressing goes really well with it."

1 comment:

  1. OMG. I am sending this to my mom - she looooooves using leftover mashed potatoes in pancakes.

    ReplyDelete