Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sesame Seared Tuna and Gingered Carrots


Ed's sister is in town this week. I felt a little bit of pressure to cook a pretty decent lunch for her considering the decision for me to start a cooking blog was partly her idea. The last time she was here visiting us, she enjoyed each dish I prepared and suggested I post my recipes online where she could see each day what we were eating. That great idea turned into my new blogging pastime. So, I wanted to prepare something that I knew she was going to enjoy. I decided on seared tuna. I mean, who doesn't like seared tuna?

Personally, I love seared tuna, not just because it is so delicious, but because seared tuna is quick and easy to make. And if you have never prepared it before, ginger goes perfectly with carrots. On the side, I served Japanese rice topped with roasted sesame seeds. Yum!



Sesame Seared Tuna Ingredients
2 Tuna Steaks
1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Rice Vinegar
1 Tbsp Roasted Sesame Seeds
1 pinch of Salt
Drizzle of Olive Oil

Sesame Seared Tuna Directions
Mix Teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and salt in a small bowl. Marinate the tuna steaks in the sauce for 30 minutes. Pour the roasted sesame seeds into a shallow dish and coat both sides of the tuna steak with the sesame seeds. Then sear the tuna for 30 seconds on each side y voilĂ !


Gingered Carrots Ingredients
2 large Carrots, sliced
1 small Leek, sliced
1 tsp Garlic, crushed
Salt and Pepper
Drizzle of Olive Oil

Gingered Carrots Directions
Drizzle saute pan with olive oil. Saute garlic, ginger, leeks, and carrots until carrots are soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste. It's that easy.

Natalia's Verdict: My sis-in-law loves raw food, and has a real affinity for raw fish. Luckily, raw food is easy to fix :) It was definitely a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment